Wednesday 30 March 2011

China Glaze - Tronica

Hologram, Laser Lime, Mega Bite
Techno Teal, Virtual Violet
Electra Magenta, Hyper Haute

From the Tronica collection, I chose seven shades: Hologram, Techno Teal, Laser Lime, Virtual Violet, Hyper Haute, Electra Magenta & Mega Bite.

Not the most vivid holo effect, especially when compared with the OMG collection. The colours, however, are stunning.

Read on for swatches.


Hologram
Compared to my other holo silvers, this is more of a greyed silver. Less holographic than OMG or Sexagon. Two coats give good coverage but, as with most holos, the first coat should be completely dry or applying the second will pull some of the polish away.

Hologram, OMG, Sexagon & OPI DS Coronation


Techno Teal

Gorgeous teal shade that's a touch deeper than DV8 but the holo sparkles are, again, less apparent. One coat gives decent coverage, but two are better.


Techno Teal & DV8


Laser Lime

Laser Lime is one of the two shades where the holos pop more. I'm not sure which I prefer, Laser Lime or L8R G8R.


Laser Lime & L8R G8R


Virtual Violet

Stunning purple that's a little lighter than LOL but, once again, the holo doesn't pop as much.


Virtual Violet & LOL

Hyper Haute

Of the two pinkish shades with the collection, Hyper Haute may well be my favourite. Comparable to OMG's QT.

Hyper Haute & QT


Electra Magenta

The picture shows Electra Magenta as having a very purple tinge. Whilst it is a purple-pink, it isn't quite as purple toned as the picture indicates. Like Laser Lime, the holos really pop in this shade, possibly more so than with Laser Lime.
For comparison, I didn't have a very close match to Electra Magenta. I've put it against OPI's DS Exclusive, although the latter is more of a deep, hot pink. It's mainly to show how holo it looks next to another holo polish.

Electra Magenta, OPI DS Exclusive


Mega Bite

As this is the only gold holo I have, there's nothing I can compare it to. However, it comparison to the other shades from the collection, the holos are far more subtle in this shade than the others. Bright sunlight would probably make the most of this polish.




















2 comments:

  1. I would have loved to have gotten my paws on the OMG collection. Those holographic effects are so awesome, but no way Im paying what people are asking for bottles of them now. *sigh* I finally found (and am wearing) Beetle by Hard Candy right now. I LOVE it too. You get shades of green, gold, purple all sorts of pretties in there. Plus it was only 6$! It was the first polish I'd ever worn more than 1 mani in a row! :D Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're being sold for ridiculous prices now?
    Although the Tronica shades aren't as holo, at least they're available without paying through the nose.
    I'm going to have to have a look at Beetle, it sounds pretty.
    No problem, hope they were helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete