Wednesday 27 June 2012

INM Northern Lights Hologram Top Coat - Silver




If you're a somewhat-regular reader, you may have gathered that I have a bit of a weakness for glitter & holo polishes. Upon seeing pictures of the Northern Lights top coat, I gave a little gasp & swore that I would add it to my nail polish stash at my earliest opportunity.

Upon first glance, the bottle looked very disappointing. The holo glitter settles, so, unless you give it a good shake, it looks as though it's just a clear top coat. Given a good, vigorous shake, it becomes a little bottle of glittery, holo beauty.





Application-wise, Northern Lights is incredibly smooth. No lumpy, bumpy, gritty glitter here; just smooth, shiny, shimmery goodness. The dry time on this is fast, we're talking Seche Vite speed.



For this first mani, I layered Northern Lights over China Glaze's Liquid Leather; I'm a sucker for a good holo black. This took two or three coats of Northern Lights. Just one coat will still give the holo shimmer effect, but it's a subtle one. As you can see, it's not a linear holo effect, which I do prefer, but it's so pretty that I don't mind.




It's a messy mani, I was doing last minute nails before I rushed to get ready for a night out. Never a good idea.






For that last shot, I used Northern Lights over Illamasqua's Veridian, just to see how it looked over another colour.

I absolutely love this top coat, it gives the best holo sparkle effect over a black polish & the effect is incredibly smooth & glossy, all with the great bonus of a really quick dry-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment