Wednesday 21 March 2012

Deborah Lippmann - Today Was A Fairytale & Mermaid's Dream



I've been so lazy about posting recently. Too much other stuff going on, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of it again. So, to kick things off, I decided to start with two Deborah Lippmann polishes I recently bought; Today Was A Fairytale & Mermaid's Dream.


First up is Today Was A Fairytale. If you like silver glitter, you'll love this one. The base is sheer, but there's a blueish-grey tinge to it that stops it from being just another silver glitter polish.

Today Was A Fairytale

As with a lot of the DL polishes, the glitter is a mixture of smaller glitter with larger, hexagonal bits scattered throughout. It's a very vivid silver, not at all muted. So far, I've worn this alone, you need to build up a few coats to get full nail coverage. It would also look stunning over a coloured base; I'm going to try it over Zoya's Trixie to get a really sparkly silver mani.

Today Was A Fairytale - two coats


Two coats

The second polish is the seriously stunning Mermaid's Dream. The base shade is a metallic-looking seafoam green with blue glitter scattered throughout & a generous helping of gold micro-glitter that adds to the beauty of this polish.

Mermaid's Dream

With this one, I found I could get away with two coats as it isn't a sheer base shade. Because of its finish, this one doesn't go glossy once dried, so it really benefits from a good topcoat.

Mermaid's Dream - Two Coats


Mermaid's Dream - Two Coats

No comments:

Post a Comment