Wednesday 26 September 2012

Illamasqua - Wisdom Precision Ink






Another item I picked up on my recent haul from the Illamasqua Generation Q collection is Precision Ink in Wisdom.




Although I'm a slave to a good, black liquid liner, occasionally, I like to change it up with another colour. Wisdom is still dark, but it's definitely a deviation from black.



Described as an antiqued gold, Wisdom is a dark, tarnished gold shade with a slight olive cast to it. It makes a great alternative to black liner without losing the impact that liquid liner can give.





The applicator is a felt-tip style, which isn't my favourite, I'm a fully-committed brush girl. This hasn't proven to be a problem, though, pouring a little out on to the back of my hand enables me to use my brush of choice with Wisdom.

If you do like the felt-tip applicators, this is a good one. It's not so flexible that it bends too much, yet it isn't too stiff or rigid, either. You'll be able to draw a good, solid line with this.




The liquid glides on smoothly, with no dragging or pulling. Dry time is good, too, no having to wait ages for it to dry before you can open your eyes.
Once dried, the finish mattifies somewhat & the gorgeous shimmer really pops. Wear time is great, as with the other shades of Precision Ink that I've tried. It stays on all day, with no smearing, smudging or flaking off. It's waterproof, too, so it won't run.

Wisdom - still wet, with flash



Wisdom - dry, outside with no flash


Wisdom is definitely a great liner all-round & a good choice if you feel black is too much but you still want that pop of liquid liner to finish off your look.

No comments:

Post a Comment