Thursday 20 September 2012

Glitter Gal - Teal Green






The last colour I got in my recent haul of the new Glitter Gal polish shades is Teal Green. The minute I saw this one, I fell in love with it. I'm big on greens & teals right now, so this shade was right up my alley.






Teal Green is a touch more opaque than either Citrine or 24 Carat, two thin coats will more than do the job. A third will deepen the colour & help the holo pop more, so I tend to go with three.

Teal Green - with flash

The base shade definitely is green, but there is a slight touch of blue to it. If you're more of a blue person, Glitter Gal also have a Teal Blue shade. For me, I'm all about the green.

Teal Green - in sunlight

Because of its deeper colour, the holo effect in Teal Green isn't quite as vivid as it is in Citrine or 24 Carat. That's not to say that it's hardly obvious, the holo does still pop in Teal Green, just not quite as much.


Teal Green - with flash

I can't stress enough how much I love the Glitter Gal holos, they're really great application-wise. There's no pulling or dragging, and those annoying little bald spots that  some other brands' holos can create just never happen with a GG polish. They're not overly runny, nor are they horribly thick & gloopy. Teal Green is no exception to this rule; perfect consistency & easy application.

Teal Green - in sunlight


Teal Green - with flash



The closest shade to Teal Green would be HITS' Hera, but Hera has a bluer tone. It's also more sheer, you definitely need to use three coats of Hera to get opaque coverage.


Teal Green - in sunlight



Whilst I love Citrine & 24 Carat, Teal Green is by far my favourite of the three new shades I picked up. It's not down to quality, they're all equal in that respect. Teal Green just hits all the right spots because of its gorgeous colour.

Teal Green - outside, in slightly dull light


No comments:

Post a Comment