Monday 17 September 2012

Glitter Gal - 24 Carat




The second colour from my recent Glitter Gal haul is 24 Carat. I'd been after another gold holographic polish, I find my China Glaze one far too yellow & it isn't a linear holo, which I prefer.



24 Carat is quite a pale gold, and it has a cooler tone to it than most gold polishes. It also has a very slight green tinge to it in certain lighting.




24 Carat - with flash

This green tint tends to show up in lower light, when the holo effect is a little less obvious. Even in lower light, the gorgeous holo doesn't completely disappear.

24 Carat - in sunlight


24 Carat is a touch on the sheer side, but three thin coats gives good coverage, deepens the base shade & makes the holo shimmer absolutely pop.

24 Carat - with flash

Application-wise, 24 Carat is fabulous. Like other Glitter Gal shades, it doesn't streak, there's no visible brush marks, and it doesn't pull away in patches as you're applying - something I've found China Glaze holos, in particular, to be guilty of.


24 Carat - in sunlight


As with all holos, a glossy top coat brings out the holo effect beautifully & pulls everything together for a really eye-catching mani.


24 Carat - with flash

24 Carat is an absolutely stunning nail polish - the gold base shade is lovely, and the holo effect is so beautifully done. I wouldn't recommend any other gold holo over this one, it's my go-to choice.


24 Carat - in sunlight


24 Carat - in sunlight

24 Carat - in sunlight



No comments:

Post a Comment