Friday 18 May 2012

Nubar - Reclaim





Yes, it's another holo polish! This time, it's Reclaim from Nubar. This is the first Nubar polish that I've tried. What drew me to it is the shade; Reclaim is a really pretty grassy, mid-green with the linear holo effect that I have a problem resisting.


Outside - no flash

As with both the HITS & Glitter Gal holos, Reclaim is one of those holos that is a dream to apply, there's no dragging or skipping & you won't end up with little patches where the polish has been pulled away upon application of another coat, which is something I've found all to easy to do with the China Glaze holos.

Inside - with flash


Outside - with flash

As you can see from the photos, this is a great linear holo, the shimmer truly pops in Reclaim. I found Reclaim to be a little on the thicker side, like the China Glaze holos, so two coats was more than enough to make the shimmer pop & get a good, true-to-bottle shade.



Inside - with flash


Outside - no flash

Reclaim has a great glossy finish of its own, although a good top coat will help the holo pop even more and give it an extremely shiny finish.


Inside - with flash

I can't say whether all Nubar polishes are this good, but my experience with Reclaim has been a good one & I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for other Nubar shades that tickle my fancy.




No comments:

Post a Comment