Friday 8 April 2011

China Glaze - Island Escape

Senorita Bonita, 108 Degrees, Electric Pineapple, Cha Cha Cha, Blue Iguana

Summer brights from China Glaze. The collection comprises six shades - Senorita Bonita, 108 Degrees, Papaya Punch, Electric Pineapple, Cha Cha Cha & Blue Iguana. Some have a shimmer finish, whilst others are a creme. Of the six, I chose to get five, leaving Papaya Punch out. I rarely reach for orange shades unless I'm using my Konad plates to do something with tiger stripes.

I like all of the five colours I chose, but two in particular really stand out  for me.


Senorita Bonita

The swatch completely failed to pick up how truly stunning this one is. Really pretty purple base loaded with pink shimmers that catch the light.
Good application, not at all streaky, but you'll need at least two coats to get the full effect of this shade.








108 Degrees

Bright pink loaded with shimmer in gold & almost purple, depending on the lighting.
Also good, application wise. As with Senorita Bonita, at least two coats are needed for this one.




Electric Pineapple

This particular shade has me a little confused. It's not truly yellow, yet it isn't really green either. More of a very yellowed chartreuse is the closest I can get to describing it.
Creme finish that's smooth & applies well. Two coats will give you the colour you see in the bottle.



Cha Cha Cha

One of the standout shades from this collection for me. Cha Cha Cha is a metallic with an absolutely stunning glow to it. It's a summery, less olive-tinged version of Peace On Earth.
Smooth application, two coats gives the best effect.




Blue Iguana

Another case of the picture failing to demonstrate how gorgeous this actually is. A mid-blue with beautiful purple shimmers that just pop on the nail.
This is the thinnest polish of the five. When I wore it, it took four coats to get a more opaque coverage but it's well worth it.






Maybe not the most original collection but the colours here are done well & there's at least one shade to tempt most people. My top picks would have to be Cha Cha Cha & Blue Iguana.

No comments:

Post a Comment