Monday 15 October 2012

Inglot - AMC Eyeliner Gel 77





 Because I was so impressed with Inglot's AMC Eyeliner Gel in shade 87, I decided to replace my Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink with Inglot's Gel in shade 77.
I've been using the Bobbi Brown gel liner in my freelance kit & it replaced MAC's Fluidline in Black Track. I vastly preferred Bobbi Brown to Fluidline, but, now I've had a chance to use Inglot 77, I won't be buying the Bobbi Brown gel liner again.




Firstly, Inglot's gel liners come in plastic pots, rather than glass. I'm much happier about using these in my kit, as there's less chance of breakage. Also, the opening is much larger with the Inglot pots, so it's easier to scoop some out.







What really made me a fan of Inglot gel liner is the texture; it's very, very smooth. It glides on the lids so easily, and because it's got amazing pigmentation, you don't need to apply a lot to get a solid black line.
It also lasts incredibly well; there was no smudging, fading or flaking off. In fact, when it came to swatching Inglot 77 for this post, I had a tough time removing it. I use Shu Uemeura cleansing oils, but I still had to give my arm a good scrub to remove the swatch from my skin. I found the Bobbi Brown gel came off more easily by far.

I wish I still had some Blacktrack fluidline left to compare to this. Bobbi Brown's Black Ink was smoother & a deeper black than Blacktrack, but Inglot 77 is smoother again & it's also a deeper black.

Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel 77 - with flash


Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel 77 - outside, no flash


I hardly used any product to get these swatches, but they still have great coverage & fantastic colour to them.
To show the difference between the Inglot gel & BB Black Ink, I swatched them next to each other. This is where I really wish I had the Blacktrack to hand.

L-R - Inglot 77, Bobbi Brown Black Ink - with flash


L-R Inglot 77, Bobbi Brown Black Ink - outside, no flash


The pictures really don't do Inglot 77 justice, there's such a difference between the two black gels to the eye. It also took more of the Bobbi Brown Black Ink to get as dense a swatch as the Inglot 77.


I'm absolutely blown away by just how good these gel liners truly are, and I'll definitely repurchase these for my kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment