Thursday 4 October 2012

EOTD - Illyria








It's been an absolute age since I last posted a look. Anyway, this one is a bit rough & ready, I got the urge to do this first thing this morning. I did one eye only, no other make-up at all, it was a test run of an idea I had kicking around.

I'm a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer & its offshoot series Angel, with Angel being my favourite of the two shows. So, I got the idea late last night to do a themed look, the inspiration being the character Illyria.






For the Illyria eye, I used;

  • NYX eyeshadow pencil in Milk - all over the lid & under the eye
  • Inglot AMC Matte Gel Liner in 77 - to define the crease & to line the eye
  • Illamasqua  eyeshadow in Obsidian - over the Inglot liner
  • Sugarpill Chromalust in Magpie - to blend out Obsidian, on the inner part of the lashline & on the brows
  • Sugarpill eyeshadow in Velocity - on the inner eye
  • MAC pigment in Clear Sky Blue - on the outer eye & under the lower lashline
  • Sugarpill eyeshadow in Tako - on the browbone.




I'm pretty pleased with the results, especially as it was just a whim. I'll definitely try this look again (only next time I'll make it a bit neater). It's also given me an idea for another Angel-inspired look to do at some point.

1 comment: