Sunday 12 September 2010

Beauty Stuff I Can't Live Without

There's some things that are nice to have, some that are just downright essential. Like any makeup junkie, I'm prone to always looking at the newest thing. As of now, my list is pretty much as follows;

Skin Care
Lush's facial cleansers are a big win for me. I have quite sensitive skin, once I find something that works for me I stick with it.
Herbalism - only recently started using this one but it's fantastic. Recommend for those with combination skin that gets oily in the t-zone. Controls the oil well without drying out areas that are normal. Great for controlling hideous breakouts.

Aqua Marina - this is one of my favourites, have used this for years. Very soothing & great for sensitive skin.

Angels on Bare Skin - lovely, scrubby but gentle cleanser. I like to use this at night after I've taken my makeup off.

Shu Uemura cleansing oils - I can't rave about these enough. They take off even the toughest of makeup with minimal effort. No need for scrubbing around the delicate eye area. MAC's Cleanse Off Oil is a similar product but I found it broke me out quite badly, something the Shu oils have never done.



Makeup
Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation -  my every day foundation. Expensive but worth it. Great texture, dries to a satin finish, not too glowy yet not too matte. Fantastic colour match for me with shade #2.

Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer - Urban Decay Primer Potion is one of the more favoured primers and I agree that it works really well, no creasing. For me, it's a no-go due to the eye irritation it causes me. I've tried a number of primers. HV is as good as it gets. Can crease a little in warmer conditions but I'm happy to deal with that rather than sore, stinging eyelids.

Kat Von D Autograph Liquid Liner - once again, it comes down to my eyes not playing nicely with some products, liquid liner being a biggie. This particular liner rocks. No stinging at all (I've been using it for quite some time now), dries quickly & once it's on, it stays on. Love the tiny brush, makes application a dream. As with all of the Kat Von D line, the packaging is beautiful.

Illamasqua Rich Liquid foundation - full coverage without looking heavy or fake. Great satin finish. This product works well for me because it also doubles up as a good concealer to use with other products. Stays on well, it's my go-to night out foundation. Makes your skin look absolutely flawless in photo's (I saw some that a friend had taken on a night out & was blown away by how fantastic my skin looked in the pictures). Right now I'm using shade 125. They've reformulated the colours so I'll have to be rematched when I repurchase but Illamasqua's shade range is really good.

MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow - the only shadow I'll list purely because it's the only one I use every time I wear makeup. Wonderful browbone highlight, good neutral lid shade & helps blend my crease colour out. Would be lost without this. Love the texture, it may be matte but it's certainly not chalky or flat. A winner every time for me.

Lippies don't really make it on my list. I have some I love but I don't always wear lipstick, or even gloss for that matter.  Some of my favourites include MAC Show Orchid & Illamasqua Box, I wouldn't say I can't live without them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment