Sunday 28 August 2011

Spotty Nails




Got a couple of new Konad plates, so I decided to test out the cute polka dot pattern. This was a little more messy than I would have liked. I used sticky tape to mask off the tips as I didn't want dots on them. Unfortunately, it left a sticky residue that made the pink section look a little scruffy. The nail art pen I used to create the lines smeared when I applied my topcoat even though I must have left it for over an hour before actually applying the topcoat.

For this look I used -

  • China Glaze - White on White (base shade)
  • China Glaze - White Cap (over White on White)
  • Essie - Flirty Fuchsia
  • Konad Plate M79
  • Black special polish
  • Black nail art pen



I would try this again, but next time I'll use nail polish remover & a cotton bud to wipe off sections of the base to replace with the pink rather than using sticky tape.



2 comments:

  1. Maybe use the tape before adding color. Add the white, then the dots. Then remove the tape and add color to the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I tried to do it, I think it was probably the wrong sort of tape to use. Maybe Scotch Tape would work better as it isn't so sticky?

    ReplyDelete